Todd Field is back, and so are we. In his first film since Little Children in 2006, the acclaimed director is already taking Oscar season by storm with TÁR, a psychological drama starring Cate Blanchett as Lydia Tár, one of the most interesting movie characters of the year. We kick off the show this week with some big news, and no not just about pizza wars. We also catch up on some of the films we’ve seen lately and what we’re hoping to catch by week’s end. We’re not exactly podcasting maestros, but at least we know how to compose ourselves.
Intro Music: “Traces” by Glimlip & Freddie Kane
- 00:00:00 – Intro/Off-Topics
- 00:17:00 – TÁR review
- Follow us on Twitter: Jon Negroni, Will Ashton
- Check out our Cinemaholics Merch!
- Check out our Patreon to support Cinemaholics!
- Email your feedback to cinemaholicspodcast [at] gmail.com.
- Connect with Cinemaholics on Facebook and Twitter.
Synopsis for TÁR:
The film, set in the international world of classical music, centers on Lydia Tár, widely considered one of the greatest living composer/conductors and first-ever female chief conductor of a major German orchestra. [Source: Letterboxd]