This week, Jon and Will explore the bright spots of Terminator: Dark Fate, the newest Terminator film directed this time by Tim Miller (Deadpool). They also discuss Marriage Story from director Noah Baumbach, which stars Adam Driver and Scarlett Johansson. As well as Harriet, the new biopic centering around Harriet Tubman starring Cynthia Erivo, and The King, a Henry V war epic on Netflix starring Timothée Chalamet, Joel Edgerton, and Robert Pattinson.
This week’s theme music is “Dark Fate,” which was composed by Tom Holkenborg and can be found on the original soundtrack for Terminator: Dark Fate.
Question of the Week: Which adaption of a Stephen King novel or short story was better as a film or TV series?
- 00:00:00 – Intro
- 00:04:30 – What should be the next “legacy sequel” for a franchise?
- 00:20:44 – Jon briefly talks about The Morning Show
- 00:28:14 – Terminator: Dark Fate
- 01:08:22 – Marriage Story
- 01:27:11 – Harriet
- 01:37:38 – The King
- 01:47:04 – Western Stars
Links and Important stuff:
- Follow us on Twitter: Jon Negroni, Will Ashton.
- Check out our Patreon to support Cinemaholics!
- Don’t forget to review and rate the show on Apple Podcasts
- Email your feedback to cinemaholicspodcast [at] gmail.com. You might just hear your email read on next week’s episode!
- Like Cinemaholics on Facebook and Twitter.
- Check out our YouTube channel for full episodes and excerpts from the archives.
Jon is the co-host of Cinemaholics and author of two books: the novel Killerjoy and a book about Pixar called The Pixar Theory. His favorite movie is usually The Mask of Zorro (don’t ask).