We’ve been counting down the days to this review on our fingers. That’s right, it’s time for our long-awaited, belated review of The Banshees of Inisherin, the latest film from Martin McDonagh (In Bruges, Three Billboards Outside Ebbing Missouri). Set on a fictional island off the coast of Ireland circa 1923, The Banshees of Inisherin stars Colin Farrell and Brendan Gleeson as best friends who stop being friends one day for reasons one of them can’t understand. It’s basically a prophecy for where this podcast is headed. We kick off the show with some off-topics, like Disney’s CEO shuffle and some brief talk around new movies we’ll be tackling in the future.
Intro Music: “Traces” by Glimlip & Freddie Kane
- 00:00:00 – Off-Topics: Bob Iger is back at Disney, Other new movies this week, Jon recommends Spirited and Wednesday
- 00:21:35 – The Banshees of Inisherin review
- Follow us on Twitter: Jon Negroni, Will Ashton
- Check out our Cinemaholics Merch!
- Check out our Patreon to support Cinemaholics!
- Email your feedback to cinemaholicspodcast [at] gmail.com.
- Connect with Cinemaholics on Facebook and Twitter.
Synopsis for The Banshees of Inisherin:
EVERYTHING WAS FINE YESTERDAY. Two lifelong friends find themselves at an impasse when one abruptly ends their relationship, with alarming consequences for both of them. [Source: Letterboxd]