The Batman is demolishing the box office right now, but the real bat signal is that notification on your phone telling you it’s time for a new episode of Cinemaholics. That’s right, we’re reviewing Matt Reeves’ reboot of the Batman franchise, now starring Robert Pattinson, Zoë Kravitz, Jeffrey Wright, and plenty more familiar (and unfamiliar?) faces. Later in the show we also discuss the lovely A24 sci-fi indie gem that is After Yang, from Columbus director Kogonada, which is now playing in limited release. Then it’s time for Fresh, now on Hulu, a romantic thriller (sort of) starring Sebastian Stan and Daisy Edgar-Jones.
- 00:00:00 – The Batman review
- 00:57:00 – After Yang review
- 01:16:10 – Fresh review
Intro Music: “Keep Calm” by XXIII & Silvaa.beats
- Follow us on Twitter: Jon Negroni, Will Ashton
- Check out our Cinemaholics Merch!
- Leave us a voicemail using The “Swell” App. We post new prompts every week or so.
- Check out our Patreon to support Cinemaholics!
- Email your feedback to cinemaholicspodcast [at] gmail.com.
- Connect with Cinemaholics on Facebook and Twitter.
Synopsis for The Batman
UNMASK THE TRUTH. In his second year of fighting crime, Batman uncovers corruption in Gotham City that connects to his own family while facing a serial killer known as the Riddler. [Source: Letterboxd]
Synopsis for After Yang
When his young daughter’s beloved companion, an android named Yang malfunctions, Jake searches for a way to repair him. In the process, Jake discovers the life that has been passing in front of him, reconnecting with his wife and daughter across a distance he didn’t know was there. [Source: Letterboxd]
Synopsis for Fresh
Frustrated by scrolling dating apps only to end up on lame, tedious dates, Noa takes a chance by giving her number to the awkwardly charming Steve after a produce-section meet-cute at the grocery store. [Source: Letterboxd]