No one made us review The Conjuring: The Devil Made Me Do It, the third entry in the main horror series of Conjuring films and eighth overall film in the “Conjuring Universe.” This time directed by Michael Chaves (The Curse of La Llorona), the supernatural film once again stars Patrick Wilson and Vera Farmiga as Ed and Lorraine Warren, the paranormal investigative duo tasked with solving a spooky conspiracy involving demonic possession, a murder trial, and even an evil cult. Also in this week’s show, we briefly discuss “Mare of Easttown” spoiler-free and review All Light, Everywhere, a new documentary from Theo Anthony about the abstract challenges of using body cameras to hold police officers accountable.
Intro Music: “Effervescent” by Lamar Azul
- 00:00:00 – Intro & Jon’s spoiler-free thoughts on HBO’s “Mare of Easttown”
- 00:12:05 – The Conjuring: The Devil Made Me Do It review
- 00:34:25 – All Light, Everywhere review
- Follow us on Twitter: Jon Negroni, Will Ashton
- Check out our Cinemaholics Merch!
- Leave us a voicemail using The “Swell” App. We post new prompts every week or so.
- Check out our Patreon to support Cinemaholics!
- Email your feedback to cinemaholicspodcast [at] gmail.com.
- Connect with Cinemaholics on Facebook and Twitter.
- ‘Scream’ (2022) is at its sharpest when pointing a knife at legacy sequels - January 12, 2022
- ‘The 355’ tries to be every kind of spy movie, except for a good one - January 6, 2022
- ‘The Book of Boba Fett’ begins with a satisfying prologue, but it’s missing a few pages - December 29, 2021