Election week is over, but that doesn’t mean we took a break from catching up on new movies. Our reviews this week include The Dark and the Wicked, a new horror film from Bryan Bertino that is now streaming on demand. We also discuss the new Netflix miniseries The Queen’s Gambit, which stars Anya Taylor-Joy and Marielle Heller. Plus, we cover Let Him Go starring Kevin Costner and Diane Lane, Kindred starring Tamara Lawrance and Fiona Shaw, Come Play starring Gillian Jacobs and Azhy Robertson, and finally Time, Garrett Bradley’s new Amazon Studios documentary that premiered at Sundance 2020.
Intro music: “dolores heights” by Mr. Hong
- 00:00:00 – Will’s Gambit
- 00:06:15 – Intro & Off-Topics
- 00:08:45 – Our entertainment choices during Election Week
- 00:18:35 – Listener feedback: Remembering the films of Sean Connery
- 00:21:35 – Who should direct the inevitable Trump movie?
- 00:28:50 – The Dark and the Wicked
- 00:44:30 – The Queen’s Gambit
- 00:53:55 – Let Him Go
- 01:00:25 – Kindred
- 01:07:20 – Come Play
- 01:17:25 – Time
Links to what we mentioned on the show:
- Check out our new Cinemaholics Merch!
- The “Swell” App, where you can leave a voice message for us to play on the podcast.
Ways to connect with us:
- Follow us on Twitter: Jon Negroni, Will Ashton, Abby Olcese
- Check out our Patreon to support Cinemaholics!
- Don’t forget to review and rate the show on Apple Podcasts
- Email your feedback to cinemaholicspodcast [at] gmail.com. You might just hear your email read on next week’s episode!
- Like Cinemaholics on Facebook and Twitter.
- Check out our YouTube channel for show excerpts and bonus content