Special guest Emily Kubincanek joins us for a marathon of reviews this week, starting with the new Netflix action blockbuster, The Old Guard, starring Charlize Theron and KiKi Layne. Then we loop into Hulu’s time-bending rom-com Palm Springs, starring Andy Samberg and Cristin Milioti. Tom Hanks writes and stars in the new Apple TV+ WWII epic, Greyhound, which just released this week. We slow things down for the meditative First Cow from writer/director Kelly Reichardt. Oh, and Werner Herzog made a new Japanese-language film called Family Romance, LLC. Last, we finish things off with a wordy scramble of a review for the British quirk-film Sometimes Always Never, which stars Bill Nighy and Sam Riley.
Music in this episode: “5:32pm” by The Deli
- 00:00:00 – QwyeBye
- 00:01:50 – Intro & Off-Topics
- 00:04:40 – The Old Guard
- 00:22:20 – Palm Springs
- 00:34:15 – Greyhound
- 00:42:30 – First Cow
- 00:58:45 – Family Romance, LLC
- 01:10:15 – Sometimes Always Never
Links and Important stuff:
- Follow us on Twitter: Jon Negroni, Will Ashton.
- Check out our Patreon to support Cinemaholics!
- Don’t forget to review and rate the show on Apple Podcasts
- Email your feedback to cinemaholicspodcast [at] gmail.com. You might just hear your email read on next week’s episode!
- Like Cinemaholics on Facebook and Twitter.
- Check out our YouTube channel for full episodes and excerpts from the archives.
- ‘Scream’ (2022) is at its sharpest when pointing a knife at legacy sequels - January 12, 2022
- ‘The 355’ tries to be every kind of spy movie, except for a good one - January 6, 2022
- ‘The Book of Boba Fett’ begins with a satisfying prologue, but it’s missing a few pages - December 29, 2021