July 4th weekend passed, and we spent it doing (what else?) watching a ton of movies. In addition to our in-depth review of The Tomorrow War, the new Chris Pratt sci-fi blockbuster on Amazon Prime Video, we kicked off the show with a conversation about the Purge franchise, thanks to The Forever Purge (which we didn’t see). We also briefly went over Fear Street Part 1: 1994 on Netflix and The Boss Baby: Family Business. And finally, we did the reviews, which include Zola from A24, Summer of Soul from Searchlight, and No Sudden Move from Warner Bros.
Intro Music: “Magnolia” by BROCKBEATS, Etymology Records
- 00:00:00 – Intro and The Forever Purge drama
- 00:17:40 – Brief thoughts on Fear Street Part 1: 1994 and The Boss Baby: Family Business
- 00:31:55 – The Tomorrow War review
- 01:05:55 – Zola review
- 01:24:50 – Summer of Soul review
- 01:41:30 – No Sudden Move review
- Follow us on Twitter: Jon Negroni, Will Ashton
- Check out our Cinemaholics Merch!
- Leave us a voicemail using The “Swell” App. We post new prompts every week or so.
- Check out our Patreon to support Cinemaholics!
- Email your feedback to cinemaholicspodcast [at] gmail.com.
- Connect with Cinemaholics on Facebook and Twitter.
- Cinemaholics Podcast – Snake Eyes: G.I. Joe Origins - July 23, 2021
- ‘Snake Eyes’ gambles its most bankable G.I. Joe character on a full rewrite, and just barely wins - July 22, 2021
- Cinemaholics Podcast – Pig - July 20, 2021