We’re here to grant your cinematic wishes. Though based on this week’s box office, you wished for a different movie…This week we’re covering George Miller’s latest film since Mad Max: Fury Road, the “existential adult fairy tale” Three Thousand Years of Longing, which stars Tilda Swinton and Idris Elba. We begin the show with some off-topics, including Jon’s more positive take on Bodies Bodies Bodies, plus some chit chat around what we should review next week and what we missed in August. We then kick off our main review with a brief discussion around George Miller’s filmography before diving into one of the most unusual mid-size budget movies of 2022. Or just movies in general, really.
Intro Music: “Swing With Me” by Oilix
- 00:00:00 – Intro & Off-Topics
- 00:09:45 – Three Thousand Years of Longing review
- Follow us on Twitter: Jon Negroni, Will Ashton
- Check out our Cinemaholics Merch!
- Check out our Patreon to support Cinemaholics!
- Email your feedback to cinemaholicspodcast [at] gmail.com.
- Connect with Cinemaholics on Facebook and Twitter.
Synopsis for Three Thousand Years of Longing
WHAT WOULD YOU WISH FOR? A lonely and bitter British woman discovers an ancient bottle while on a trip to Istanbul and unleashes a djinn who offers her three wishes. Filled with apathy, she is unable to come up with one until his stories spark in her a desire to be loved. [Source: Letterboxd]