Get in the car, film nerds, we’re watching Titane, the latest mind-bending (and gear-grinding?) French feature from Julia Ducournau (Raw). Special guest Ema Sasic joins us to unpack all the twists, turns, and detours in this Palme d’Or winner, which premiered at Cannes earlier this year—with Ducournau being the first female filmmaker to win the award solo. The film, which is now available in limited release through Neon, stars Agathe Rousselle, Vincent Lindon, Garance Marillier, and Laïs Salameh.
Intro Music: “Moonstone” by Jazzinuf
- 00:00:00 – Intro and a brief celebration of Herbie: Fully Loaded
- 00:03:35 – Titane review
- Follow us on Twitter: Jon Negroni, Will Ashton
- Check out our Cinemaholics Merch!
- Leave us a voicemail using The “Swell” App. We post new prompts every week or so.
- Check out our Patreon to support Cinemaholics!
- Email your feedback to cinemaholicspodcast [at] gmail.com.
- Connect with Cinemaholics on Facebook and Twitter.
- ‘Scream’ (2022) is at its sharpest when pointing a knife at legacy sequels - January 12, 2022
- ‘The 355’ tries to be every kind of spy movie, except for a good one - January 6, 2022
- ‘The Book of Boba Fett’ begins with a satisfying prologue, but it’s missing a few pages - December 29, 2021