Unlike Tom the cat and Jerry the mouse, we actually speak in this week’s show, as we discuss the new live-action family comedy Tom & Jerry, which just hit HBO Max and puts the classic Hanna-Barbera cartoon characters into New York City with a host of human characters you definitely won’t care about. We also review The United States vs. Billie Holiday on Hulu and Billie Eilish: The World’s a Little Blurry on Apple TV+. Plus, we do a quick mini review of The Mauritanian and play some listener voicemails.
Intro music: “The Night Café” by Mad Candor
- 00:00:00 – Intro & Off-Topics
- 00:02:40 – Listener voicemails: Do you prefer watching new episodes of a TV show all at once, or released week-to-week? (Part 2)
- 00:07:55 – Mini Reviews: The Mauritanian
- 00:17:00 – Tom & Jerry
- 00:42:25 – The United States vs. Billie Holiday
- 01:00:55 – Billie Eilish: The World’s a Little Blurry
- Follow us on Twitter: Jon Negroni, Will Ashton, Abby Olcese
- Check out our Cinemaholics Merch!
- Leave us a voicemail using The “Swell” App. We post new prompts every week or so.
- Check out our Patreon to support Cinemaholics!
- Email your feedback to cinemaholicspodcast [at] gmail.com.
- Connect with Cinemaholics on Facebook and Twitter.
- ‘Scream’ (2022) is at its sharpest when pointing a knife at legacy sequels - January 12, 2022
- ‘The 355’ tries to be every kind of spy movie, except for a good one - January 6, 2022
- ‘The Book of Boba Fett’ begins with a satisfying prologue, but it’s missing a few pages - December 29, 2021