Special guest Matt Donato joins us this week for a Christmas movie. But not just any Christmas movie. David Harbour plays a butt-kicking Santa Claus in the ultraviolent Violent Night, an action-comedy send-up to classics like Die Hard and Home Alone. Are we on the naughty list when it comes to liking this movie for its sick pleasures? Either way, this movie isn’t getting a lump of coal from either of us this week. Violent Night is now playing in theaters, distributed by Universal.
Intro Music: “It’s Beginning to look a lot like Christmas” by Iván Rosa
- Follow us on Twitter: Jon Negroni, Will Ashton
- Check out our Cinemaholics Merch!
- Check out our Patreon to support Cinemaholics!
- Email your feedback to cinemaholicspodcast [at] gmail.com.
- Connect with Cinemaholics on Facebook and Twitter.
Synopsis for Violent Night:
YOU BETTER WATCH OUT. When a team of mercenaries breaks into a wealthy family compound on Christmas Eve, taking everyone inside hostage, the team isn’t prepared for a surprise combatant: Santa Claus is on the grounds, and he’s about to show why this Nick is no saint. [Source: Letterboxd]