Special guest Trisha Ashton joins us for the first time to help us review Where the Crawdads Sing, which is the film adaptation of the bestselling novel by Delia Owens. Trisha doesn’t just boast being related to cohost Will Ashton, she is also an expert on the book, so she helps us unpack the differences and expectations between the two formats. The film stars Daisy Edgar-Jones as Kya, a recluse in the Carolina marshes who gets caught up in a murder mystery during the late 1960s.
Intro Music: “Walking Together (feat. Zmeyev)” by Sineg
- Follow us on Twitter: Jon Negroni, Will Ashton
- Check out our Cinemaholics Merch!
- Check out our Patreon to support Cinemaholics!
- Email your feedback to cinemaholicspodcast [at] gmail.com.
- Connect with Cinemaholics on Facebook and Twitter.
Synopsis for Where the Crawdads Sing
SECRETS ARE BURIED JUST BENEATH THE SURFACE. Abandoned by her family, Kya raises herself all alone in the marshes outside of her small town. When her former boyfriend is found dead, Kya is instantly branded by the local townspeople and law enforcement as the prime suspect for his murder. [Source: Letterboxd]