Special guest Clint Worthington joins us this week to review Renfield, which stars Nicolas Cage as Dracula and Nicholas Hoult as his familiar titular familiar Renfield. Directed by Chris McKay (The Lego Batman Movie, The Tomorrow War), Renfield is a horror action comedy with tons of horror, action, and comedy, but does it work as a movie? The Cinemaholics are split on this one, and it won’t be a toothless fight. The film also stars Awkwafina, Ben Schwartz, Shohreh Aghdashloo, and Brandon Scott Jones.
Our intro music this week is “Journey” by Sam Cross, Monocloud, and Bertram Kvist.
- Follow us on Twitter: Jon Negroni, Will Ashton
- Check out our Cinemaholics Merch!
- Check out our Patreon to support Cinemaholics!
- Email your feedback to cinemaholicspodcast [at] gmail.com.
- Connect with Cinemaholics on Facebook and Twitter.
Synopsis for Renfield:
SUCKS TO BE HIM. Having grown sick and tired of his centuries as Dracula’s lackey, Renfield finds a new lease on life — and maybe even redemption — when he falls for feisty, perennially angry traffic cop Rebecca Quincy. [Source: Letterboxd]