This month on Extra Milestone, we’re celebrating the 65th anniversary of Akira Kurosawa’s legendary action epic, Seven Samurai, which was released on April 26, 1954. As always, we dive into the historical context and legacy for the film, why it’s so fondly remembered, and what we think of it all these years later.
Stay tuned toward the end of this discussion to get a heads up on what we’re discussing for next month’s Extra Milestone! If you have any suggestions or feedback, please comment below.
Our intro music in this episode was composed by Howard Jackson and Louis Silvers. It’s from the opening scene of It Happened One Night, the first film we covered in this bonus series.
- Follow us on Twitter: Jon Negroni, Will Ashton, and Sam Noland.
- Check out our Patreon to support Cinemaholics!
- Don’t forget to review and rate the show on Apple Podcasts
- Email your feedback to cinemaholicspodcast [at] gmail.com. You might just hear your email read on next week’s episode!
- Like Cinemaholics on Facebook and Twitter.
- Check out our YouTube channel for full episodes and excerpts from the archives.