We’re pulling a Ben Wishaw this week and talking when we’re not supposed to. That’s right, Women Talking just hit wide release, so it’s time for our belated review of the star-studded Sarah Polley film recently nominated for Best Picture and Best Adapted Screenplay at the Oscars, with standout performances from Rooney Mara, Claire Foy, Jessie Buckley, and plenty more. And speaking of the Academy Awards, we discuss the announced nominations and which films we haven’t seen yet, what didn’t make the cut, and what we’re expecting for the upcoming ceremony.
Intro Music: “Freddo Espresso (feat. Pixie Dust)” by No Spirit, Sátyr & Phlocalyst
- 00:00:00 – Off-Topics
- 00:08:15 – Oscar nominations (2023)
- 00:38:10 – Women Talking review
- Follow us on Twitter: Jon Negroni, Will Ashton
- Check out our Cinemaholics Merch!
- Check out our Patreon to support Cinemaholics!
- Email your feedback to cinemaholicspodcast [at] gmail.com.
- Connect with Cinemaholics on Facebook and Twitter.
Synopsis for Women Talking:
A group of women in an isolated religious colony struggle to reconcile their faith with a string of sexual assaults committed by the colony’s men. [Source: Letterboxd]