It’s been over four decades, and Mel Brooks still has us laughing. As we mark the 45th anniversary of Young Frankenstein, Jon and Sam discuss the spooky comedy’s legacy as one of our latest “Extra Milestone” films. Starring Gene Wilder, Peter Boyle, Marty Feldman, Teri Garr, and many more familiar faces, Young Frankenstein proves that even a parody film can be just as thrilling and satisfying as a bonafide sequel in the Universal Monsters canon.
Don’t forget to vote for the movie we’re watching next month! Click here to see all the nominees and cast your pick.
Theme Music: the opening credits of Young Frankenstein, composed by John Morris.
- 00:02:25 – The movies we didn’t select for this month’s show
- 00:20:35 – How did Young Frankenstein get made?
- 00:53:00 – How did you watch the film for the first time?
- 01:00:30 – What are your general thoughts on Young Frankenstein?
- 01:43:40 – Movies to vote on for next month!