Special guest Ryan Oliver joins us for a review of Malignant, a giallo-esque horror thriller from James Wan that just hit wide release and HBO Max. The movie is so scary, in fact, Ryan Oliver cusses one time! We also talk about Kate, the latest action movie on Netflix about revenge (another one!) this time starring Mary Elizabeth Winstead and Woody Harrelson. We open the show with a brief check-in on the 2021 Toronto International Film Festival and some brief thoughts for Petite Maman from Celine Sciamma and The Voyeurs on Amazon Prime Video.
Intro Music: “Tapas Night” by iamalex & Felty
- 00:00:00 – Intro
- 00:05:55 – TIFF 2021 check-in and Petite Maman
- 00:12:15 – Brief thoughts on The Voyeurs
- 00:16:10 – Malignant review
- 00:48:55 – Kate review
- Follow us on Twitter: Jon Negroni, Will Ashton
- Check out our Cinemaholics Merch!
- Leave us a voicemail using The “Swell” App. We post new prompts every week or so.
- Check out our Patreon to support Cinemaholics!
- Email your feedback to cinemaholicspodcast [at] gmail.com.
- Connect with Cinemaholics on Facebook and Twitter.
- ‘Scream’ (2022) is at its sharpest when pointing a knife at legacy sequels - January 12, 2022
- ‘The 355’ tries to be every kind of spy movie, except for a good one - January 6, 2022
- ‘The Book of Boba Fett’ begins with a satisfying prologue, but it’s missing a few pages - December 29, 2021