From rednecks to orange chests, we’ve to you covered this week on Cinemaholics. First we dive into the insanity of Joe Exotic in the new Netflix documentary series, Tiger King: Murder, Mayhem and Madness. Then we really kick into gear for our review of Bloodshot, a Vin Diesel action movie that only briefly appeared in theaters before getting blasted into VOD. Last, we discuss a pair of more inspiring documentaries, which include Crip Camp on Netflix from Higher Ground Productions (owned by Barack and Michelle Obama) and Slay the Dragon, a documentary about gerrymandering from Magnolia Pictures.
Theme music: From the original soundtrack of La Dolce Vita, composed by Nino Rota.
Please consider rating this podcast! Go to ratethispodcast.com/cinemaholics and leave us a rating/review on the podcast directory of your choice. As always we appreciate all your support.
- 00:00:00 – Off-Topics
- 00:10:40 – Tiger King: Murder, Mayhem and Madness
- 00:27:55 – Bloodshot
- 00:41:15 – Crip Camp
- 00:46:15 – Slay the Dragon
Links and Important stuff:
- Follow us on Twitter: Jon Negroni, Will Ashton.
- Check out our Patreon to support Cinemaholics!
- Don’t forget to review and rate the show on Apple Podcasts
- Email your feedback to cinemaholicspodcast [at] gmail.com. You might just hear your email read on next week’s episode!
- Like Cinemaholics on Facebook and Twitter.
- Check out our YouTube channel for full episodes and excerpts from the archives.
- ‘Sonic the Hedgehog 2’ goes boldly where so many blockbusters have gone before - April 4, 2022
- ‘Turning Red’ is pretty wild, even for Pixar - March 8, 2022
- ‘The Batman’ returns to the basics with a vengeance, but not an identity - February 28, 2022