This week, we’re watching Cry, Robot. Sorry, it’s actually called True Love. Nope, Rogue Two. No…that’s not it. Ah! Nirmata—WAIT, The Creator, directed by Gareth Edwards (Godzilla, Rogue One) who co-wrote the film with Chris Weitz. The cast includes John David Washington, Gemma Chan, Ken Watanabe, Sturgill Simpson, Allison Janney, and Madeleine Yuna Voyles. It opened in theaters on September 29 through 20th Century Studios and has a 133-minute runtime.
Our intro music this week is “Which One?” by Glimlip & .multibeat.
- Email your feedback for the show to cinemaholicspodcast [at] gmail.com
- Join our Discord! We have a Cinemaholics channel here.
- Follow us on Twitter: Jon Negroni, Will Ashton
- Check out our Cinemaholics Merch!
- Check out our Patreon to support Cinemaholics!
- Connect with Cinemaholics on Facebook and Instagram.
Synopsis for The Creator:
THIS IS A FIGHT FOR OUR VERY EXISTENCE. Amid a future war between the human race and the forces of artificial intelligence, Joshua, a hardened ex-special forces agent grieving the disappearance of his wife, is recruited to hunt down and kill the Creator, the elusive architect of advanced AI who has developed a mysterious weapon with the power to end the war—and mankind itself. [Source: Letterboxd]