Special guest Sam Noland joins us for a countdown of our favorite films this year, as well as our general reflections on 2019. You’ll also hear voice recordings from Cinemaholics contributors all across the globe who picked vastly different films for their own lists, which all factor into our definitive Top 25 rankings, which you’ll hear at the end of the episode along with outliers and honorable mentions. This is our longest episode of Cinemaholics yet, but we hope you give the whole episode a listen as we deep dive into a wide variety of films that made this past year just a little better.
- 00:00:00 – Our general reflections on 2019 in film
- 00:12:55 – #10 Picks: Slut in a Good Way, The Farewell
- 00:25:15 – #9 Picks: Waves, Climax
- 00:36:50 – #8 Picks: The Beach Bum, Us
- 00:51:55 – #7 Picks: Ad Astra, The Lighthouse, Luce
- 01:03:50 – #6 Picks: This Changes Everything, Long Day’s Journey Into Night, Klaus
- 01:20:55 – #5 Picks: Aniara, Uncut Gems, 1917
- 01:43:15 – #4 Picks: One Cut of the Dead, A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood, Portrait of a Lady on Fire
- 02:05:20 – #3 Picks: Once Upon a Time in Hollywood, High Life
- 02:18:20 – #2 Picks: Midsommar, Parasite
- 02:34:35 – #1 Picks: The Nightingale, Marriage Story, The Last Black Man in San Francisco
- 03:06:30 – Top 25 Films of 2019 (as decided by all the Cinemaholics)
Links and Important stuff:
- Follow us on Twitter: Jon Negroni, Will Ashton.
- Check out our Patreon to support Cinemaholics!
- Don’t forget to review and rate the show on Apple Podcasts
- Email your feedback to cinemaholicspodcast [at] gmail.com. You might just hear your email read on next week’s episode!
- Like Cinemaholics on Facebook and Twitter.
- Check out our YouTube channel for full episodes and excerpts from the archives.
Jon is the co-host of Cinemaholics and author of two books: the novel Killerjoy and a book about Pixar called The Pixar Theory. His favorite movie is usually The Mask of Zorro (don’t ask).