Who’s dead wrong about Death on the Nile? That’s right, Kenneth Branagh is back as Agatha Christie’s acclaimed Hercule Poirot, and he’s also back as director of this star-studded cast featuring Gal Gadot, Armie Hammer, Annette Bening, and plenty more. We open this week’s show with some brief catchup on films like Blacklight, I Want You Back, and Marry Me. And we finish things out with a review of Kimi, Steven Soderbergh’s new paranoia thriller starring Zoë Kravitz, which is now available to stream on HBO Max.
- 00:00:00 – Brief thoughts on Blacklight, I Want You Back, and Marry Me
- 00:10:40 – Death on the Nile review
- 00:44:50 – Kimi review
Intro Music: “Seeping” by Sinnr.
- Follow us on Twitter: Jon Negroni, Will Ashton
- Check out our Cinemaholics Merch!
- Leave us a voicemail using The “Swell” App. We post new prompts every week or so.
- Check out our Patreon to support Cinemaholics!
- Email your feedback to cinemaholicspodcast [at] gmail.com.
- Connect with Cinemaholics on Facebook and Twitter.
Synopsis for Death on the Nile
MURDER WAS JUST THE BEGINNING. Belgian sleuth Hercule Poirot’s Egyptian vacation aboard a glamorous river steamer turns into a terrifying search for a murderer when a picture-perfect couple’s idyllic honeymoon is tragically cut short. [Source: Letterboxd]
Synopsis for Kimi:
SHE’S NOT THE ONLY ONE LISTENING. During the COVID-19 pandemic in Seattle, an agoraphobic tech worker discovers evidence of a violent crime while reviewing a data stream, and is met with resistance and bureaucracy when she tries reporting it to her company.[Source: Letterboxd]