Well, the news is out. Jon and Will’s parents just got married, which means Cinemaholics has a brand new intro to mark the occasion. Once that’s out of the way, the bruthas get down to business reviewing Sergio, the new Netflix film starring Wagner Moura and Ana de Armas. After a quick chat about their favorite flicks of 2020 so far, the mismatched duo discuss the new sci-fi horror thriller Sea Fever, high school indie Selah and the Spades on Prime Video, Abe starring Noah Schnapp of “Stranger Things” fame, and Endings, Beginnings from Like Crazy director Drake Doremus starring Shailene Woodley, Sebastian Stan, and Jamie Dornan.
Please consider rating this podcast! Go to ratethispodcast.com/cinemaholics and leave us a rating/review on the podcast directory of your choice. As always we appreciate all your support.
- 00:00:00 – Will & Jon
- 00:03:45 – Off-Topics: SXSW on Amazon Prime
- 00:11:35 – Sergio
- 00:28:55 – Our favorite films of 2020 so far
- 00:31:45 – Sea Fever
- 00:40:50 – Selah and the Spades
- 00:56:05 – A few films and shows Will has been catching up on
- 00:59:20 – Abe
- 01:07:15 – Endings, Beginnings
Links and Important stuff:
- Follow us on Twitter: Jon Negroni, Will Ashton.
- Check out our Patreon to support Cinemaholics!
- Don’t forget to review and rate the show on Apple Podcasts
- Email your feedback to cinemaholicspodcast [at] gmail.com. You might just hear your email read on next week’s episode!
- Like Cinemaholics on Facebook and Twitter.
- Check out our YouTube channel for full episodes and excerpts from the archives.
Jon is the co-host of Cinemaholics and author of two books: the novel Killerjoy and a book about Pixar called The Pixar Theory. His favorite movie is usually The Mask of Zorro (don’t ask).