Speaking of toxic relationships, have you watched the new Venom movie, Venom: Let There Be Carnage? Tom Hardy returns as the sweaty, parasitic antihero, this time contending with the blood-red Carnage, played by Woody Harrelson. We review this latest comic-book movie from Sony and try to understand why these movies are so popular. Later in the show, we discuss The Many Saints of Newark, a prequel movie for the hit prestige drama The Sopranos, starring Michael Gandolfini (son of the late James Gandolfini) as a teenage Tony Soprano, which is now in theaters and playing on HBO Max for a limited time.
Intro Music: “Rainy Afternoon” by Josh Tarzi
- 00:00:00 – Intro
- 00:05:45 – Off-Topics: ranting about Antoine Fuqua movies and recent Oscar Isaac performances
- 00:20:05 – Venom: Let There Be Carnage review
- 00:55:30 – The Many Saints of Newark review
- Follow us on Twitter: Jon Negroni, Will Ashton
- Check out our Cinemaholics Merch!
- Leave us a voicemail using The “Swell” App. We post new prompts every week or so.
- Check out our Patreon to support Cinemaholics!
- Email your feedback to cinemaholicspodcast [at] gmail.com.
- Connect with Cinemaholics on Facebook and Twitter.
- ‘Jurassic World Dominion’ is a conclusion without evolution - June 8, 2022
- ‘Sonic the Hedgehog 2’ goes boldly where so many blockbusters have gone before - April 4, 2022
- ‘Turning Red’ is pretty wild, even for Pixar - March 8, 2022